Monday, July 13, 2015

The Leftover Prodigy

What's up!

     So as you see in the title of the post this is going to be about leftovers and the self-proclaimed prodigy that I am!  Being a self-proclaimed prodigy is difficult and exhausting but thanks to my affinity to never wasting food, I feel I am well deserving of the title.  The age old question of, "What should I make for dinner," gave rise to what I feel like turned out to be a real winner.  When I formulate a dish I really like to make it a point to incorporate different sides of the palate and different textures as well,  mouth feel is just as important (That's what she said...) Sorry for that, but I couldn't resist... Back to the task at hand! I would like to present to you....

Lump Crab and Salmon Fried Rice Wrap

6oz Lump Crab
4oz Salmon
3 Whole Eggs
1 Ear of Fresh White Corn
3oz Peas
3oz Carrots
4 cups Cooked White Rice (not too wet)
1 cup Ponzu
1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbs Sriracha
12 Inch Flour Tortilla
10 slices Wonton Strips
2 Tbs Olive Oil

     In a fryer, fry wonton strips until crispy.  Set oven at 350, roast the corn for 15 minutes and cut off the cob into kernels.  Season salmon with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.  In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, sriracha, sesame oil, salt and pepper and set aside.  In a wok or pan on high heat, add the olive oil and let heat.  In a bowl, beat the eggs and add to the pan and cook about 15 seconds.  Add the peas and carrots and saute for another minute.  Add cooked white rice and incorporate.  Add the lump crab and cooked salmon, break into small pieces, and incorporate as well.  While incorporating add the ponzu, oyster sauce, salt and pepper and stir fry until you get some color on the rice (about 5 minutes).  In a griddle or pan on medium heat, warm up the tortilla on both sides.  Take a tortilla and add some spicy mayonnaise mixture, crab fried rice, and wonton strips.  Wrap it up and enjoy!

    Mel says, "Why is this so good?!"  Try it out and tell me if you agree!

Fried Wonton Strips
Lump Crab and Salmon Fried Rice
Fried Rice Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment