Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Down with the Kobe

Konichiwa!

     Back with another one, this time featuring family day off lunch and the infamous Kobe burger!  Mel and I decided we are going to be going back on our juicing diet soon so I decided the last supper so to say would be best spent on a great burger.  I was able to get my hands on some ground Kobe beef so why not share with you my loyal readers!
     Starting with the meat it has always been a big debate whether or not to use egg and breadcrumbs as a binder for the burger ir to just simple go with the raw natural flavor of the meat.  I think it really depends on the person. When you add seasonings and binders to the burger you tend to get a fluffy texture to the meat plus a great way to retain the juices.   Some will argue you are tainting the flavor of the meat by doing so.  My compromise was to do the meat with seasoning only and try a Kobe meatloaf coming in the near future to see the difference in taste.  
     I invite you all to taste the difference when you make your own burger from buying a frozen burger or a burger from a fast food restaurant.  This was so juicy and you just cant beat the flavor of kobe,  So try it yourself and hopefully ill be be able to stay awake after I ate myself into food hibernation!  By the way the grapes on the plate were grown in my parents back yard!  Super sweet, tempted to do my very first batch of wine with those.

Sesame Glazed Kobe Beef Burger 
(1 Serving)

6oz Ground Kobe Beef
TT Montreal Seasoning
1/4 Julienne Sweet Yellow Onion
1 Slice Gouda
1 Slice Swiss 
1 Chicken Egg
1 Brioche Bun

Sesame Glaze
1 Cup Sesame Oil
Cracked Black Pepper
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Soy Suace

Sriracha Mayonnaise
1oz Sriracha
3oz Mayonnaise

     Make the glaze by blending all ingredients for glaze in a vitamix.  In a bowl mix sriracha and mayonnaise together reduce amount of sriracha if too spicy.  Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.  Pre heat cast iron skillet on high heat to get maximum sear.  In a bowl mix ground Kobe beef and Montreal seasoning and form 6oz patty about an inch thickness.  When skillet is smoking throw on burgers.  Sear 1 side approximately 1 minute.  Flip burger over and transfer skillet to oven.  Finish burger in 8 minutes for medium rare.  I like to grill my onions in the rendered fat from the burger but you can grill onions separate if desired.  In a small saute pan cook the egg over easy on low heat until whites are cooked.  Assemble burger and enjoy!


Finishing in the oven with grilled onions
Sunny side up egg
Open face

No comments:

Post a Comment