Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Peaks and Valleys

   Well, had an interesting day today.  

   It started with an hour and a half drive to work (I hate you Interstate 15 by the way, in case you didn't hear me the first 1000 times), then on to a very, very, very productive work meeting -_- ..... Then straight to preparing for our first official event for URBN Market.  I had the privilege of doing a dessert tasting for a bride-to-be and I thought we put on a great display if I do say so myself.  In the picture below you'll see one of our dessert bar options which is a Salted Caramel Cheesecake.  All I can remember is being too excited to take pictures of the whole display because I was so focused on putting on a good show for the bride.  The day looks like it's starting to pick up into a positive spin and then on the way home I finally received a call from the City of Poway regarding my business license. They had bad news and as of right now I am not allowed to work out of the current kitchen that I'm working in due to some zoning issues according to the city.  I'll have you know that this has been a long process already, thank you city workers for delaying my life endeavors.  

   So to continue my rant I guess I just feel like the whole day has been peaks and valleys.  I've constantly heard that it's not about what you fail at or what bumps in the road there may be but how you react to those instances, but gosh darn sometimes it really gets you frustrated, you know?  Here I am in my own head thinking why are they making it so hard for me to pursue something I just want to do and to support my family?  I guess I'm really liking this blog business because I got to vent it out but in the real world I'm going to just pick myself up and keep going forward.  When I really think about it, it's really not that bad because I get to go home to my beautiful wife and my beautiful son in my beautiful house so really life is just beautiful.  

   Not trying to sound like a preacher but I want everyone to sometimes take a step back and realize that we should just count our blessings because there is so much in life to be thankful for. #firstworldproblems 
Salted Caramel Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment