Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ramped Up Ramen

Spicy Egg Drop Style Miso Ramen

So I know what you are thinking.  Another recipe to make top ramen.  Well what makes this different than all the other ones out there on the internet?  All I can say is please do your belly and taste buds a favor try this recipe yourself.

This has been a culmination of trial, error, and experience.  I feel I strike a diverse balance of robust but restrained flavor here. It hits a nice blend of different asian styles and ingredients that all compliment each other and creates very balanced flavor profiles, and yes it I just top ramen!  So now that I talked it up here is the recipe and I hope you all like it as much as I do.

2 packages top ramen
(I like 1 beef and 1 pork flavor)
2 whole eggs
2 tbs cornstarch
4 cups of water
1tbs red miso
1 tsp sesame oil
1tsp gochujang chili paste
1 package of roasted seaweed
1/2 cup of frozen peas, carrots, and corn kernels

In a soup pot put water and incorporate cornstarch while still cold.  Turn on heat to high and add seasoning packets from too ramen and bring to high rolling boil and broth starts to slightylly thicken.  In a small cup crack the eggs and scramble and slowley pour into the very hot boiling broth forming ribbons of egg.  After egg is cooked about 30 seconds place noodles in broth making sure to break noodles apart as it softens.  Add sesame oil, red miso, and frozen vegetables and stir.  When incoporated add gochujang before serving to avoid scorching the chile paste.  Pull noodle first in bowl or nest when plating so you have all your vegetables and egg visible and not covered by your noodles.  Finished with sliced roasted seaweed strips and enjoy friends.  The little man sure did!



No comments:

Post a Comment