Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brick Frikin Toast

 Hello Sweet Tooth Aficionados!
 
For this gem I need to chalk up the credit to an acquaintance of mine named Amanda.  She used to always post about a place called UP2You Café and I finally had the privilege of trying this place with the Fam.  The Décor is great, that great home grown coffee house feel but not too pretentious.  Anyways below is what we ordered and it was one of the best decisions of my life next to buying a home when I did and I guess deciding to get married... (please don't hurt me Love!)
 
Brick Toast with Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream and Condensed Milk. 
 
Now most of my close friends and fam know I am more of a "why save room for dessert give me more meat" guy, but I still do appreciate well balanced desserts.  So lets start with the toast, a Japanese style egg bread and simple heaping of butter and sugar.  When they pop these in the oven the restaurant instantly picks up the aromas.  Topped with a balanced bitter sweet matcha green tea ice cream, sliced banana, and a drizzle of the mystical ingredient condensed milk to add a subtle sweetness.  Great dish,  I definitely had a foodgasm and I am so glad I decided to take the fam here.  Jake loved playing on all the vintage furniture.  It is tucked in a corner of clairmont mesa so keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment