Sunday, November 22, 2015

Tkb (The Kebab Shop)

     Get ready for this one.  I can honestly say one of the most pleasantly surprising meals I've had in a while.  I've frequented this place many times as there is one so close to my work in Poway, but never seemed to have ordered this until one day I just decided to try it out.  Now I've heard in the past from the workers "would you like that California style" and never really thought anything of it.  Thankfully I decided to give it a try and behold this awesomeness!
 
Lamb and Beef Doner Kebab "California Style"
 
      The down side to this meal is the add on is about 3 dollars bringing price to about 10 dollars for the Doner itself but this is more than enough to satisfy you and I have a pretty monster appetite so that is saying a lot.  What makes it California Style is the addition of French Fries and very good creamy Feta, reminiscent to what is added in a California Burrito.  I've always thought a basic lamb beef Doner was a great meal in itself because the Kebab Shop always has very fresh crispy vegetables and the amount of food is perfect but the additions certainly make it a different beast of a meal.  You get more texture and the rich salt creaminess of the chunks of feta are out of this world. Make sure you get extra garlic yogurt sauce with the your Doner and the addition of the sumac pictured above adds a mild smokey acidity to every bite.  At the end of your meal do not forget the "After Doner Mints".... Great Pun TKS!  Enjoy Peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment